Tuesday 8 January 2008

Tapping: Emotional Freedom Therapy

Last night, I was still seething about work so I did a tapping session with the aid of an online video tutorial. The tutorial was about anger and it brought up a lot of stuff that I hadn't anticipated and tears were shed. I went to bed feeling exhausted. But today, I don't feel good, cos I'm knackered, but I feel capable and alive. When I feel stuck, confused, fearful etc its as if my consciousness is buried within, as if I'm hiding within myself. After tapping, when I'm feeling much better, I'm more aware and feel as if I'm inhabiting my body fully and of course the negative feelings have subsided or disappeared completely. So tapping or Emotional Freedom Therapy, is proving to be a useful tool, although I would stop short at claiming that it is the answer to all life's problems, however it is clearing the junk out of my head and enabling me to get on with living and all that that entails.

How does tapping work?
Who really knows? Officially its about clearing energy channels. Others argue it's a distraction technique, but I would say its more than that. Tapping forces me to replace negative emotions with a positive activity and self talk coupled with a clear outcome: my negative emotions will subside or disappear very shortly. The resulting space becomes occupied with positive feelings, an outcome that I had focused on from beginning. Tapping is a way out of the maze of difficult emotions.

Recommended Course
My advice, don't pay to learn this unless you want to go on to teach it. The technique is easy and there is a lot of free or cheap information out there. Trust yourself and be your own guru.

No comments: